World Cup 2014 Squad: Germany, Netherlands, England
World Cup 2014 Squad FIFA World Cup is an international football competition. In 2014, the FIFA World Cup was held on 12-13 July in Brazil. 32 national teams in total involved in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. One of the requirements for the registration of the competition is registering a squad that consists of 23 players, which also included 3 goalkeepers.
So, here is the list of players in three squads that were involved in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Germany, Netherlands, and England.
The squad of Germany for the 2014 FIFA World Cup consists of 23 players that had been chosen by the manager, Joachim Löw. The final formation for Germany Squad was announced on June 2, 2014. This accident happened on June 7, 2014.
So, who are the players that finally involved in the Germany Squad? Here is the explanation.
To make the explanation easier to understand, then we classified the name of the players by their positions; goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, and forward.
- Goalkeepers: there are three goalkeepers in Germany Squad at the 2014 FIFA World Cup. One of them is Manuel Neuer from the Bayern Munich club.
- Defenders: eight professional players from various football clubs were chosen as defenders in Germany Squad.
- Midfielders: Mesut Özil from Arsenal club and other ten players from several football clubs were chosen as the midfielders of the Germany Squad.
- Forwards: Thomas Mueller (Bayern Munich) and Miroslav Klose (Lazio).
Here is the name of players in the Netherlands Squad of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Goalkeepers: Netherlands squad also has three goalkeepers, one of them is Jasper Cillessen from Ajax club.
- Defenders: In the defenders group, Netherlands squad has eight players. On of them is Joël Veltman from Ajax.
- Midfielders: Netherlands squad has seven professional midfielders from several football clubs. One of them is Jonathan de Guzman from Swansea City club.
- Forwards: meanwhile, the Netherlands squad has five skillful and professional forwards. Robin van Persie from Manchester United is one of the forwards in the Netherlands squad.
England World Cup 2014 Squad
Here is the name of the players on the England Squad.
- Goalkeepers: There are three goalkeepers in England Squad. The first is Joe Hart from Manchester City. He is a multitalented goalkeeper with lots of achievements. Meanwhile, the second is Fraser Forster from Celtic and the third is Ben Foster from West Bromwich Albion.
- Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United), Rickie Lambert (Liverpool).
- Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Leighton Baines (Everton).
- Midfielders: In midfielders, there are nine players from several football clubs, such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool, Southampton, and Everton. One of the players in midfielders is Frank Lampard. Frank Lampard is a professional football player from Chelsea and he also became a manager of Chelsea in 2019-2020.
That’s all about the Germany, Netherlands, and England Squads at the 2014 FIFA World Cup http://18.104.22.168.